Sunday, May 9, 2010

Firebird Sweet!

Hello again Fret Kings and Twang Queens

What balls! I am talking about Gibson's management in 1963 the year old Mr Modern was born incidently. To launch the Gibson Firebird after the failure of the Modern series V and Explorer took 'mucho cohones'.

I really don't know why I like the Firebird so much after all I have owned two both of them 1976 Bicentennial and both were horrible. Incidently I sold the first one to the sadly missed Steve Clark formerly of Def Leppard.

The first Firebird's however were especially handsome guitars, whilst the second generation models, how can I say this had a style only a mother could love.

Gibson produced 2800 of the superb neck through body instruments and was available in ten custom colours, my own favourite being Kerry Green or Pelham Blue or Cardinal Red! Its all good!

Until next time Fretheads!

No comments: